From the Desk of
the Grand Knight
Thursday, November 11, 2021 – 7:00 PM
As we are getting back to our lives as we once knew them, more opportunities are becoming available for us to use our talents to help the community. I would encourage you to get out there and be part of the giving. Throughout the fall and into the winter we have a number of events that have a wide range of tasks and every task is key to making our organization run smoothly. If anybody is interested in helping at an event or has an event that they think the Knights of Columbus should be part of, please give me a call, text, or email. Matt Carlton 231-740-4651 or Carlton29@frontier.com
Serving our Parish:
- St. Francis: Veterans Brunch – November 14th after 11 am mass
- St. Francis: St. Nick’s Breakfast – December 5th after 11 am mass
Recruiting for our Organization:
- Our Lady of Grace: November 27th
- St. Francis de Sales: November 28th
- St. Mary’s: November 28th
Serving our Community:
- Coats for Kids: drop off coats at club or donation
- Hygiene supplies for Holy Cross Services drop off at the club
I hope all Brother Knights and their families are doing well, but for those that are going through tough times please pray for them. See the members in need on the website and keep them in your prayers.
If anybody would like to get more involved with events, please don’t hesitate to contact me or another member. We have many opportunities to serve this great Muskegon community.
Ushering at St. Francis:
- November 14th
- December 5th
- December 26th
Please help to usher at Mass on Sunday at 11:00 am. Please add these dates to your calendar and try to arrive about 20 minutes early to get your instructions.
Matt Carlton, Grand Knight
Phone: 231-740-4651 – Email: email@example.com
- The online Event calendar is up-to-date. Please check it out at www.kc706.com.
- November 12th – Friday night Fish Fry with all the fixings. Dine in, Drive thru or take out.
- November 24th – Wednesday our annual Turkey Fry. Potluck dinner, bring your best dish, we will supply the turkey. If you would like to donate a turkey for the event, please contact Steve and bring it to the hall.
October – Council Meeting:
- Meeting was held in the Council Room.
- We are in good standing with State and Supreme.
- Please plan to attend the next meeting and see what we are doing in our community.
Membership Goals 2020-2021: 31 new members and 11 new insurance members.
Members needed: 23 now. Please try to always recruit new gentlemen.
New insurance members needed: 11
Building Association News
Here come the Fall dinners, please stop down and enjoy…dine-in, drive-thru, and pick-up. Please try to support these dinners. Current dinner schedules coming up:
5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Fish Fry Dinner
5:00 – 7:30 p.m.
5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Annual Turkey Fry
No Cost, donate a turkey and/or bring a dish. More info to follow.
Wings and Fries are also available Wednesdays
Please check the website here – kc706.com/event-calendar/. We try to keep it updated to the best of our ability!
Building Association President
From the Editors Desk
Believe or not, a few of us are still golfing at Eagle Island Golf on Thursday morning at 9:45 am. As long as the weather holds, we will plan on golfing. Come on out and join the fun, but dress warmly. I think we might be at the end of our fun!